- Responsible for estimating projects and developing proposals.
- Mechanical project lead for projects.
- Responsible for assisting with the design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical designs in the metals, petroleum, chemical, and glass industries.
- Performs engineering design evaluations.
- Pipe and vessel calculations
- Pipe stress analysis
- Pipe flow modeling
- Assists in the creation of technical drawings and documents for clients.
- Point of contact for client interface.
- Reports to a department manager.
Potential Job Functions of Position
- Equipment layout.
- Petrochemical process piping design and layout.
- Equipment design, specification, and selection.
- Design and analysis of machine assemblies and parts.
- Engineering budget and construction cost estimation.
- Creation of equipment and piping specifications
- Determine materials of construction for the various services
- BSME or BSMET required.
- 8 to 20 years’ experience is required in the field or related area.
- Professional licensing preferred
- Familiar with:
- ASME B31.3
- ASME BPVC Section I and Section VIII
- API 650
Software Knowledge Requirements
- Pipe Stress Software
- Piping Hydraulic Analysis software
- Navis Works
- MS Office