The JDI Group is seeking resumes for a qualified Senior Facility Mechanical Engineer. This position will be responsible for overseeing the designs of other members of the facility mechanical department, including engineers and designers.
The engineer will have experience in commercial, heavy industrial, governmental, and/or institutional projects. Other qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or similar engineering curriculum with an HVAC emphasis is required
- Professional registration is required
- 12 – 15 years of experience in HVAC and plumbing design preferred
Engineer responsible for the design and specification for the following types of systems:
- Commercial and industrial HVAC systems
- Compressed air
- Domestic hot and cold water
- Hydronic systems, including chilled water, hot water, and steam
- Natural gas distribution
- Sanitary and storm drainage
- Fire protection experience preferred
In addition to performing load analysis of various types of buildings, the engineer will be responsible for coordinating design details with architectural and other engineering disciplines, visiting job sites to gather field data for retrofit projects, and overseeing the production of permit, bid, and construction drawings.
The senior mechanical engineer will be expected to interface directly with clients and be responsible for leading design reviews. The engineer will support the development of proposals and engineering estimates, construction estimates, and project schedules.
Familiarity with Revit, AutoCAD, and Navisworks required.
The engineer will be required to participate in construction administration, including review of submittals and shop drawings, field verification, and punch list activities.
The engineer should have a proven track record of innovative design input, while following industry best practices, and staying up to date with changing codes and standards.