The JDI Group, is looking for a powerhouse electrical designer. Ideal candidates will have an understanding of the A/E/C industry and thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
The Electrical Designer will support JDI’s goals for growth in both new and emerging markets (commercial, chemical, steel, plastics, and standby power generation). The Electrical Designer will work with other members of the electrical department team to meet client needs for electrical power, lighting, data, fire, and security.
The Electrical Designer will be responsible for the development and production of high-quality electrical construction packages following the NEC, ASHRAE, and other relevant codes and standards for commercial and industrial applications. This position works closely with senior electrical engineers and CAD operators.
- Perform electrical load summary to determine the size of electrical distribution equipment
including service panels, transformers, and receptacle / lighting panels
- Develop one-lines, electrical riser diagrams, and panel schedules
- Design power connections to facilities and process equipment
- Perform light level calculations for site, normal interior, and emergency egress lighting
- Design lighting control
- Design grounding plans
- Develop fire alarm layouts
- Developing layouts for data including IT closets and racks is a plus
- Developing layouts for security equipment is a plus
Specific Job Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to lead electrical power and lighting projects from start to finish
- Proficient in Revit and AutoCAD
- Proficient in Visual Lighting Software
- Willingness to work as a team with a positive attitude
- Ability to interact directly with all levels of staff in a professional manner
- Well organized, capable of prioritizing and being proactive
- Ability to maintain a strong sense of focus and confidence under tight deadlines and varying
- Ability to multitask and respond to changing needs and schedules
Candidates should have 3-5 years of prior electrical design experience
Founded in 2002, The JDI Group provides integrated architectural, mechanical, electrical, structural, civil, process mechanical, controls and instrumentation, and IT/technology design services. Our clients include companies and institutions in the manufacturing (automotive, food, glass), chemical, petrochemical, government and commercial industries. JDI’s 70+ staff employ state-of-the-art technology in the development of creative, yet sensible, design solutions. The firm has been rated a Top Workplace in Northwest Ohio for nine years, a designation that is the direct result of an employee survey that is sponsored by The Toledo Blade.
Employees of The JDI Group enjoy a full range of benefits, including paid vacation and holidays, health insurance, bonus program, 401K contributions, tuition reimbursement, and continuing education. In addition, an active social calendar outside of work hours includes such activities as golf, bowling, and a variety of events in support of non-profit initiatives.
The JDI Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Commensurate with experience and abilities