- Responsible for assisting with the design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical designs in the metals, petroleum, chemical, and glass industries.
- Performs engineering design evaluations.
- Assists in the creation of technical drawings and documents for clients.
- Limited client interface.
- Relies on instruction and pre-established guidelines to perform the job functions.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Reports to a department manager.
Potential Job Functions of Position
- Equipment layout.
- Petrochemical process piping design and layout.
- Equipment design, specification, and selection.
- Design and analysis of machine assemblies and parts.
- Engineering budget and construction cost estimation.
- BSME or BSMET required.
- Zero to 4 years experience is required in the field or related area.
- Professional licensing path is a plus.
- Familiar with commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures used within a particular field.
- Knowledgeable with design CAD software.
Software Knowledge Requirements
- AutoCAD experience (2D & 3D) strongly preferred.
- Solidworks or Autodesk Inventor experience preferred.
- Ability and willingness to learn new software (PIPE-FLO, CAESAR II, Inventor, ANSYS, PV-Elite)required.
Please respond with resume to mechanicalprocess_careers [at] thejdigroup.com