- Develops drawings based on direction from designated project leads. May work independent with occasional progress reviews.
- Requires an associate degree in a related field or equivalent design and drafting experience.
- CAD experience is a must.
- 2 to 6 years experience as a designer in related fields or equivalent.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within related design fields.
- Will rely on direction from a project lead and pre-established guidelines to perform project tasks.
- Works under project lead’s supervision.
- Is expected to exercise some independent judgment in the design process.
- Reports to a supervisor or manager.
Potential Job Functions of Position
- Develop Plans, Sections and Isometric Drawings
- Create Bill of Materials for drawings
- Develop piping model from P&IDs
- Model equipment, piping, and components
- Participate in review meetings with clients
- Must have prior experience working in Inventor or Solidworks software and/or Plant 3D.
- Must have an associate degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent design and drafting experience in mechanical and/or piping field.
- Should have 2 or more years’ experience as a designer in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Should be able to develop drawings independently based on direction from the client and/or the designated project leads.
- Must be able to interface with the client and take direction from the client and the project lead to perform project tasks.
- Should be familiar with a variety of concepts, practices and procedures within mechanicaland/or piping field.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Job will require on site visits to the customers for investigation.
Software Knowledge Requirements
- AutoCAD Plant 3D experience (2D & 3D) strongly preferred.
- Solidworks or Autodesk Inventor experience preferred.
- Ability and willingness to learn new software (PIPE-FLO, CAESAR II, Inventor, ANSYS, PV-Elite) required.
Please respond with resume to mechanicalprocess_careers [at] thejdigroup.com.